Plaza Mayor, 1 41640 Osuna, Sevilla Telephone: 954-815-851 www.osuna.es
About the Area
The origins of the town stretch back to the year 1000 BC, as can be seen by the great number of remains from each historical period. Osuna got its name from the Turdetans, an Iberian tribute which called it Urso; several objects remain from this period, such as the "Bull of Osuna" and the "Relief’s of Osuna" (these latter showing a Roman Influence).
The El Coto las Canteras, is an ancient stone quarry where most of the stone was extracted to create the numerous palatial mansions and Palaces in the center of Osuna (concentrated around Calle Sevilla). The renovation lasted years and it is now a cultural venue with many concerts and other social events staged throughout the year. www.elcotolascanteras.com