Plaza Mayor, 1 41640 Osuna, Sevilla Telephone: 954-815-851 www.osuna.es
About the Area
The origins of the town stretch back to the year 1000 BC, as can be seen by the great number of remains from each historical period. Osuna got its name from the Turdetans, an Iberian tribute which called it Urso; several objects remain from this period, such as the "Bull of Osuna" and the "Relief’s of Osuna" (these latter showing a Roman Influence).
The 16th century renaissance Collegiate Church and sacred art museum which houses a magnificent collection of paintings by José Rivera ‘The Españoleto’ de Mesa. Under the Ducal Crypt is the Pantheon which has a small chapel and is still now the burial place of the Dukes of Osuna. The views from here over Osuna, the surrounding sierras and countryside are spectacular.