Plaza Mayor, 1 41640 Osuna, Sevilla Telephone: 954-815-851 www.osuna.es
About the Area
The origins of the town stretch back to the year 1000 BC, as can be seen by the great number of remains from each historical period. Osuna got its name from the Turdetans, an Iberian tribute which called it Urso; several objects remain from this period, such as the "Bull of Osuna" and the "Relief’s of Osuna" (these latter showing a Roman Influence).
The Tellez Giron family were the founders of the Collegiate Church and the University (shown) in the 16th century. It counts as one of the first universities in Europe. The ruin remains and today it is only 1 of a handful of agricultural universities in Spain.