Plaza Mayor, 1 41640 Osuna, Sevilla Telephone: 954-815-851 www.osuna.es
About the Area
The origins of the town stretch back to the year 1000 BC, as can be seen by the great number of remains from each historical period. Osuna got its name from the Turdetans, an Iberian tribute which called it Urso; several objects remain from this period, such as the "Bull of Osuna" and the "Relief’s of Osuna" (these latter showing a Roman Influence).
We know very little about the Visigothic period, and the subsequent Moorish rule. All that remains of the period of the almohad rule are a few sections of the ramparts and a tower, the Torre Del Agua (shown).