This ancient town of 13,000 24km east of Osuna is famous for its renowned biscuits known as mantecados and polvorones which its bakers make each Christmas and which are eaten across this region of Andalucia.
The old town also conceals a number of notable religious buildings. Franciscan monks built a convent in the north-east corner of the hill in 1603, and the convent, its church and house of novitiates still stand. The proto-Baroque façade of the church features a single body with a round arch and pediment split with pinnacles. The tower is 22m high and topped by an impressive belfry and spire.